Deposit, Booking & Cancellation Policy
Attention: by reserving a photography tour/workshop with Tao of Light Photo Tour/Beyond Skagway Tours you are agreeing to the following deposit, booking policies and liability waiver. Please read carefully before completing your booking. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Deposit: We request a $1500 deposit to confirm your reservation at the time of booking. Balance is due no later than 30 days prior to departure.
- Refund Policy:
- A Deposit refund, minus a $500 administrative fee, is available prior to 60 days before departure except in case of trip cancellation by trip provider (see Full Refund)
- Refunds for cancellations after the 30 days (before trip start) are not guaranteed. For this reason, and for medical emergencies, we strongly recommend trip insurance. If we can fill the space with another booking we will refund the payments (minus an additional $500 administrative fee ($1000 total) plus any associated fees for booking changes with our vendors). For these contingencies, we strongly encourage you to take out trip insurance at the time of booking.
- Full refund of all booking money will be granted if trip is cancelled due to trip provider cancellation which could occur due to lack of client bookings. Trip needs 4-6 clients to run.
- Weather Related Contingencies and Considerations effecting overall Trip arrivals/departures
- We will not cover Overall Trip Cancellations, Expenses or Delays: Such as expenses related to missed, cancelled or late arrivals and departures to Skagway and/or from Haines, Alaska at either the beginning or end of tour/workshop.
- We strongly recommend Trip Insurance: We are not responsible or liable for any overall trip cancellations, expenses or delays incurred as a result of conditions over which we have no control such as travel delays due to weather, medical emergencies, etc. For these reasons we strongly recommend trip insurance.
- Travel Delays inside Alaska: Due to the risk of weather related flight delays from Juneau to Haines/Skagway, we strongly recommend against planning this portion of your pre or post trip itinerary around flying. Instead we recommend planning these segments of your travel itinerary with the Alaska Marine Highway System (i.e. the Alaska State Ferry) which generally sails on schedule regardless of weather. The tour/workshop arrival and departure schedule has been designed to coordinate with the AMHS schedule and we will recommend specific bookings for you to meet the overall trip itinerary.