SE Alaska/Yukon – Autumn 2017 Guided Photography Immersive Adventure Tour/Workshop
Hosted by Beyond Skagway Tours featuring lead Alaska Photographer Guide, Peter Hines of Tao of Light Photography. Will include up to 6 “sub-tours” by land, sea, river and air including the “Golden Circle” in Southeast Alaska/Yukon
- Dates: September 3rd – 10th
- Additional Dates: Available upon request in Autumn 2017 & 2018
- Duration 8 days/7 nights
- Beginning to Ending destinations: Skagway, Alaska to Haines, Alaska
- Passport required: Part of tour/workshop will take place in Yukon Territory, Canada
- Number of Clients: 6 required to achieve advertised price
- Photographic Experience: All levels from beginners to experts, enthusiasts to pros
- Tour/Workshop Booking Price*: $5245 (max w/all 6 sub-tours) to $4245 (base – 2 sub-tours) + 5% tax. For less then 6 clients see pricing structure chart
- Booking price will be charged a maximum value but may be less depending on the number of “sub-tours” that are run. Some sub-tours require favorable weather to run (i.e. glacier flight-see). Final price will reflect actual sub-tours that are run. For details see sub-tour section.
- Includes all travel/lodging from Skagway to Haines for 7 nights
- Includes all lunches, some breakfasts and introduction/farewell dinner
- Does not include travel to Skagway or from Haines
- *Prices based 6 clients for double occupancy. $500 per single supplement
- General Description: The SE Alaska/Yukon Autumn Photo Adventure Tour/Workshop is a photographic adventure tour/workshop hosted by Beyond Skagway Tours, and featuring lead Alaskan photographer guide, Peter Hines of Tao of Light Photography and is designed specifically for photographers of all stripes from amateur to advanced, enthusiast to pros. It is intended to create an immersive and intimate photographic experience with follow photographers that will offer, over the course of a week, many opportunities via “sub-tours” from land, sea, river and air to photograph wildlife* and SE Alaska/Yukon scenery during the peak of the autumn season’s “fall colors” ranging from majestic mountains and lakes to awe-inspiring glaciers and beautiful water falls. In addition to these photographic opportunities the “workshop” portion will include in depth discussions of photography topics and special tips, sunrise/sunset and moonrise/moonset photo shoots and include a round table critique session and special field sessions with two additional guest Alaskan photographer guides.
- Emphasizes photographic opportunities to photograph:
- Wildlife*: Eagles, bears, lynx, wolverines, red foxes, wolves, orcas, harbor seals, sea lions and sea otters. *Wildlife is “wild” and sightings in the wild are not guaranteed
- Stunning Scenery: Includes picturesque landscapes during peak fall colors ranging from the Chilkat River & Chilkoot Lake in Haines to the Yukon through the Chilkat Pass, Haines Junction, Whitehorse, the White Pass, Skagway & Dyea which will include many opportunities to photograph stunning glaciers & majestic water falls from land, water & air.
- Aurora Borealis: Weather permitting, we will photograph the Northern Lights.
- Cultural Subjects: Ranging from the historical Klondike gold rush architecture, graveyards and sites to the historical US fort Seward, a paddle wheel steamer and native Tlingit totem poles and tribal houses.
- Photographic immersive experience: Emphasis and discussions/training on following:
- Camera gear
- Wildlife shooting
- Sunrise/sunset & moonrise/moonset photoshoots
- Silky waterfall shoots
- Aurora Borealis (northern lights)
- Specific topics ranging from cameras fundamentals to post processing (Adobe Lightroom & Photoshop)
- Field Session(s) with guest photographer guide(s)
- Roundtable critique sessions at end of tour/workshop
Important: Before booking, please review Cancellation Policy and Liability Waiver